Best Basketball Betting Sites
My team and I have made sure to check all the great basketball betting platforms and have managed to find the ones we fully believe to be the very best.
We recommend that you place your bets there if you want to bet on regular games in the NBA season, NBA finals, or on any other top-rated match or competition. With that in mind, here is our toplist:
How to Bet on Basketball?
Placing bets on NBA games or other matches is very simple, just like other forms of sports betting.
The first thing you need to do is choose a good basketball betting site. There are plenty that cater to Canadians, as basketball is very popular here. I’ve also prepared a list of the best basketball betting sites, so all you need to do is pick one.
Once you’ve chosen a site, you’ll need to register by following the steps shown on the site itself. You’ll need to provide the sportsbook with the information it requires, like your email, address, etc. Once your account is active, you’ll need to make a deposit. And once the money is in your account, the betting can begin.
The next part is just as simple, at least from a technical standpoint. You need to choose from the available basketball bets and place the wager you want. Most sites will cover all the major competitions and all popular basketball bets, so there will be many betting options to choose from.
However, the main problem is choosing the right bet. To win, you can’t just bet on your favourite team, like the Los Angeles Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Boston Celtics, or any other NBA team you like. You see, I, for one, truly love one of these teams; I won’t say which one. But you won’t see me placing bets on this team just because it’s my favourite. I always bet on the sensible option.
That’s why the right thing to do here is to read a betting guide like this one, follow the sport, and respect the betting odds. You can’t just hope that your favourite team will win. You need to understand the sport to have a much clearer picture of who will win each game. All the best NBA bettors do this, as it’s the only way to be successful.
Top Basketball Betting Tips
I already told you most of what you need to do while explaining how basketball betting works. However, there are still a few essential tips left:
- Leave the emotions on the side and always use reason.
- Follow the stats and what the teams you want to bet on have achieved in the past.
- Always bet for entertainment, and don’t expect to make a living this way.
- Home court advantage is not to be trifled with in the NBA and most other basketball competitions.
- Pay close attention to grudge matches and rivalries.
- When betting on NBA teams, pay attention to how far the travelling team needs to go. That’s because players who travel less usually perform better as they are well-rested and energetic. Teams like Cleveland Cavaliers and Indiana Pacers travel the fewest miles over the course of a season, while the Golden State Warriors, and a few others, have to travel a lot for most games.
- You can gain valuable insights from evaluating players, but you’ll also need to learn a few things about coaching to get better at NBA betting. That’s because the overall game plan matters more than any individual player’s ability.
- Take advantage of the NBA basketball betting bonus offers that every notable sportsbook offers. They can yield you lots of free bets and other cash bonuses for placing more bets. However, don’t forget to read the terms and conditions before claiming any offer.
Basketball betting F.A.Q.
Is basketball betting legal in Canada?
Yes, as long as you place bets in an offshore sportsbook. That's because the legal status of online sports betting is still not clear enough in Canada. On top of that, every sportsbook needs to get a valid licence from the government to operate within the country, and thus there aren't enough betting sites within Canada. At the same time, there are countless sites from other countries that cater to Canadian bettors.
How do you always win a basketball bet?
You need to follow the sport, look for quality NBA odds, and place the right bets to win. You can never win every single bet, but you can win a lot more than usual if you study the betting offers, basketball stats, and games.
Where can I bet on the NBA?
Almost every decent sportsbook covers NBA betting as the NBA is one of the most popular competitions among bettors. The same is true in Canada, which is why every great Canadian sportsbook offers NBA betting. However, it would be best for you to pick one of the sites we recommend, as our experts have checked them thoroughly.
What does RL mean in basketball betting?
RL, or Run Line bets, are basketball wagers where you bet on a team to win the game while taking the spread into account. They are thus similar to moneyline bets but much harder to win.
12 July, 2021