Top Boxing Betting Sites
The gambling industry is growing bigger and bigger each year, with numerous betting companies appearing on the market. Newbies in this area could easily make a mistake when choosing which one to trust. This is why we decided to create a list of the best boxing betting sites for Canadian residents.
We’ve done comprehensive research on all the relevant brands and come up with a list that will undoubtedly be of massive help to you. You can be sure that all the important factors and criteria were used in this investigation and that our list contains nothing but the top boxing sportsbooks in the country.
Most Prestigious Boxing Fixtures
Boxing is a global sport, with fights taking place the world over. This means that you’ll find lots of boxing betting opportunities at any given moment.
The four following organizations organize the majority of boxing bouts:
- World Boxing Council (WBC)
- World Boxing Organization (WBO)
- World Boxing Association (WBA)
- International Boxing Federation (IBF)
Sportsbooks mostly cover boxing fights from these four governing bodies. In rare instances, you may come across bouts sanctioned by other associations, such as amateur organizations, as well as collegiate and regional institutions.
Boxing is an Olympic sport, so every four years, during the Summer Olympic Games, you can expect to find a wide range of props and futures boxing bets that aren’t available at other times.
Most Popular Boxing Betting Markets
There is a wide variety of wagers you can make on every boxing match. These range from trying to predict the outright winner with moneyline bets to more advanced props bets involving the method of victory, total number of rounds, whether the fight will go the distance, and so forth.
Bettors can also take advantage of futures bets in boxing. However, keep in mind that boxing doesn’t have a season, championships, or playoffs like other major sports. So, sportsbooks release futures odds following the official announcement of a fight. That said, early birds can take advantage of the opening odds before the masses start placing bets on the valued underdog.
Round betting is prevalent in boxing. This type of wager usually carries generous odds since the probability of picking the right round is low. You can also bet on a set of rounds during which you expect your fighter to win. For example, you can bet on a fighter to win the bout between rounds six and eight or ten and twelve.
Boxing Betting Tips
We can talk about advanced boxing betting strategies all day long, but it all comes down to whether the bettor has a solid knowledge of the sport. Doing your research and knowing all the numerous factors that go into every fight is the key to success for every boxing bettor.
Here are the key parameters every bettor needs to take into consideration while making boxing predictions:
- Study the fighters’ form — You should always check out the recent form of the fighters you’re planning to bet on. Have they beaten any top-tier fighters lately? How did they look in their previous bouts? How many fights did they have lately? Are they coming off a period of inactivity? Sometimes an underdog may have a worse record than his opponent but is on a hot streak and has beaten a quality opponent recently. This makes him a potentially lucrative option.
- Strength and physical size matter — Most proficient boxing bettors would take a big man over a smaller one any day. This is especially true in the heavyweight division where there are no limits on weight, and fighters bigger than 6’5’’ and 270lbs are a common sight. Unless the smaller boxer is far superior skill-wise, these physical attributes will be almost impossible to overcome.
- Pay attention to boxing style — You don’t need to watch the fighter to understand his style of boxing. Just a quick glimpse at his record will tell you what type of fighter he is. Aggressive, powerful punchers have a high percentage of KOs, whereas defensive specialists, like Floyd Mayweather, focus on not getting hit and mostly try to win on points. Typical examples of aggressive punchers are Mike Tyson and Anthony Joshua, who ravaged their opponents with right hooks.
Researching your picks is a key aspect of becoming a successful bettor. Regardless of how good you think your knowledge of the sport is, you can’t predict every match based on a hunch. It’s not a profitable long-term strategy, and even the most proficient boxing bettors use research and stats to bolster their picks and improve their winning odds.
Now that you know the basics of boxing betting, you can start applying that knowledge to your boxing predictions and hopefully make a profit. Good luck and always gamble responsibly!
13 February, 2021