Top Fantasy Football Betting Sites 2021
If you want to bet on fantasy football and win real money, you need to know the right sites to join. We’ve got you covered there, as my team and I have made sure to check and review all the leading fantasy football online betting sites, from the top ones like Luckbox and FanDuel to countless less well-known ones. After careful tests, we ended up with the following list of sites we believe are by far, the best fantasy football online betting sites in 2020.
Fantasy Football Explained
Many beginners can easily get lost in all the terminology, rules, and more if they’ve never played fantasy sports or fantasy football. However, it’s all straightforward once you understand what it is and how it works.
First of all, fantasy football is essentially the fantasy counterpart of the NFL. It functions in the same way as all other fantasy sports — you pick a team consisting of real-life players playing in NFL games, and you earn points based on what they do in real-life games. There’s not much more to it than following the sport and getting better and better at picking great players that will bring you more points.
You can choose one of the two versions of fantasy football — daily and draft. Daily fantasy football works like all other daily fantasy sports (DFS), and you get to pick a team for a single matchday and win points based on what they do for that day. On the other hand, draft fantasy football is much slower as it lasts for an entire season and covers many games. You get to pick players at the beginning of a season, and you keep earning points until it ends months later.
Daily fantasy sports are much faster and thus great for fans of fast betting and fast action, while draft fantasy sports are more for big fans of the sport who like to test their knowledge for an entire season and see how much they can win if they play fantasy football for a long time.
How Does Fantasy Football Betting Work?
Now that you know exactly what fantasy football is, let’s cover each step of how it actually works.
First, you need to join a fantasy football betting site and join a league you like. There are many different league types, and we’ll cover all the important ones later on, but for now, let’s assume you chose one and want to start betting and playing.
In most cases, you start by paying once at the start, but there are also systems where you need to pay every week. Regardless of the system, to win money, you have to pay beforehand, as is the case with all other gambling games.
Once that’s done, you need to pick the players and draft your team. Naturally, there are many lineups to choose from, and each has its own advantages that will be of great use if you want to be the winner. You will have to include the following positions:
- 1 flexible player (running back, wide receiver, or tight end)
- 1 quarterback
- 2 running backs
- 3 wide receivers
- 1 tight end
When your team is selected, the season begins. With every real-life game in the NFL, you’ll end up accumulating points. You get a specific amount of points for specific things your players achieve in every game of the season, but the exact point system will differ based on the site you join and the scoring system of the league you’ve entered. You can also make a trade at the end of the week if you think you need a better player.
Here are the most common actions for which you can get points:
- Rushing yards
- Passing yards
- Two-point conversions
- Blocked punts
If you like playing daily fantasy sports games, you can go for daily fantasy football, where you get prizes at the end of every round and bet again on every game for the next week.
Fantasy Football Betting Tips
Now that you know all the basics about playing and betting on fantasy football, it would be good to learn about some tips and strategies you should use to win money.
- Do the research — research really matters in all fantasy sports betting, be it daily fantasy sports or draft fantasy sports. As the whole point is to draft a good team, you need to follow the game, and you need to know the players well. The more you know, the better your chances of creating the best team in your league.
- Research the league you’re joining and the points system — besides the fact that you need to know the sport itself, you need to know the fantasy sport better. In other words, you need to learn how the league you’re joining works and the way the points are calculated. The latter is easy, but knowing the leagues well is a bit harder. It’s best to use the things you learned here and explore which league type is best for you. Remember, you’ll be playing all season long, so it’s best to know as much as you can in advance.
- Study the competition — the game is much easier if you know how your opponents play, which is why it’s good to study your rivals. You might even learn to predict some of their moves.
- Consider the whole team — when you draft players, you need to make sure your whole team is competent. It’s never a good idea to focus on getting one great player while disregarding the rest.
- Make the trades — if you’re going to play the game, you really need to play it. This means that you need to throw yourself into the game and make trades whenever you need to improve your team. If you get bored after a while and stop applying yourself, you won’t win much.
- Never drink and gamble — if you’re serious about fantasy football, you shouldn’t drink while playing, especially while you’re spending real money on the game. Drinking and gambling don’t go well together, so it’s best to stay sober and gamble responsibly.
All in all, fantasy football can be a lot of fun. It offers lots of entertainment value for fans because you get to follow the sport itself and use your game knowledge to win fantasy football bets. You can get a lot better at it in time, and you could easily end up winning some serious money from this amazing form of online betting.
With the help of this guide and the online gambling platforms we recommend, you are ready to start your journey and become the best fantasy football player out there. Good luck and have fun.
FANTASY FOOTBALL BETTING F.A.Q.
Can you play fantasy football for free?
Yes, of course. Several sites let players play the game for free, be it daily fantasy sports sites or regular fantasy sports platforms. What's more, you can also organize leagues with friends and play the game for fun, not money. However, bear in mind that the best sites use money, and most opt to go down this route as the cost to enter a league is very low. Plus, the money adds more excitement to the game.
Is fantasy football a type of betting?
It really depends on your location. Some states in the US consider it a form of gambling, while others don't. It's best to check your local laws if you want to know more.
Is betting on fantasy football illegal?
Fantasy football is usually considered a game of chance and not a gambling game. However, this still largely depends on your location. In most US states, fantasy football is completely legal, but in some, it isn't, like in New York. The same goes for other countries in the world.
What is the best fantasy football site?
There is no single best fantasy football site, but there are certainly several great options. You can find all of them in our list of the best fantasy football betting sites for 2020.
02 February, 2021