League of Legends Korea is back with this year with more promising action than ever. LCK Spring 2023 has kicked off already with day 3 action coming today. Let’s take a look at the matchups and get some predictions rolling!
LCK Spring 2023 Day 3
The LCK Spring 2023 has kicked off earlier this week with four matches being played. T1 and DWG KIA has already picked up their first wins of the tournament. Their wins came against Gen. G and DRX respectively.
KT Rolster vs T1
- Kim “Kiin” Gi-in (Top)
- Moon “Cuzz” Woo-chan (Jungle)
- Gwak “Bdd” Bo-seong (Mid)
- Kim “Aiming” Ha-ram (Bot)
- Park “Rebel” Geun-woo (Support)
- Son “Lehends” Si-woo (Support)
- Lee “PerfecT” Seung-min (Substitute Top)
- Choi “Zeus” Woo-je (Top)
- Moon “Oner” Hyeon-joon (Jungle)
- Lee “Faker” Sang-hyeok (Mid)
- Lee “Gumaysu” Min-hyeong (Bot)
- Ryu “Keria” Min-seok (Support)
The first matchup of LCK Spring 2023 Day 3 is between kt Rolster and T1. KT Rolster are yet to play a match and T1 have already played and won their first match here. So, naturally they have an advantage of being warmed up already. If we resort to head-to-heads, T1 won 10 times out of the last 13 times they faced kt. The last time kt could beat T1 in a competitive match was back in 2021. KT is also in a 3-match losing streak, so the odds aren’t looking too good for them. With all of that into consideration, T1 should be picking up their second win of the tournament quite easily.
[2023 #LCK Spring R1 M2 vs. KT]
2023에도 돌아온 통신사 대전!
언제 붙어도 짜릿하지..!
Telecom War is back for 2023!
See you at the Rift!
⏰ 5 PM KST#T1WIN #T1Fighting pic.twitter.com/inQi3i3LGC
— T1 LoL (@T1LoL) January 20, 2023
Check out more esports news at our blog!
SANDBOX vs DWG KIA
- Noh “Burdol” Tae-yoon (Top)
- Kim “Willer” Jeong-hyeon (Jungle)
- Lee “Clozer” Ju-hyeon (Mid)
- Lee “Envyy” Myeong-joon (Bot)
- Kim “Kael” Jin-hong (Support)
- Kim “Canna” Chang-dong (Top)
- Kim “Canyon” Geon-bu (Jungle)
- Heo “ShowMaker” Su (Mid)
- Kim “Deft” Hyuk-kyu (Bot)
- Kim “Kellin” Hyeong-gyu (Support)
[2023 LCK SPRING] vs @LiivSANDBOX
한 주의 마무리는 디플러스 기아와 함께!😎
Conclude your week with Dplus KIA!#DplusKIA #DKWIN #WeConnected #LCK pic.twitter.com/XlW6eBs0qi
— Dplus KIA (@DplusKIA) January 20, 2023
The two teams, DWG and SANDBOX have faced each other 19 times in total. Of those 19 matches, 16 were won by DWG. However, both the teams aren’t at the best of their forms currently. Both managed to pick up only 2 wins in their last 5 matches. The last time the two faced each other was in LCK Regional Finals 2022. DWG won the series 3-1 against SANDBOX there. So, this should be a victory for DWG. Not an absolutely guaranteed one but pretty sure that will be the final outcome.
May the best teams win!