Key Features of Valorant Betting Sites
With so many esports sportsbooks to choose from, how does one choose the best platform for Valorant betting? If you’re a rookie and someone who likes to bet on competitive gaming recreationally, all these options may seem identical.
Luckily for you at Gamopo we specialise in epsorts betting, so we’ve come up with a list of the most significant features every top-notch Valorant betting site should have. This will help you choose the best option and have a great wagering experience.
- Safe and secure platform— Safety checks should be your top priority before placing any Valorant bets online. Your chosen sportsbook must be properly licensed and protected from hacker attacks and unauthorized access.
- Juicy welcome bonus — Upper-echelon esports bookies provide hefty introductory bonuses to newcomers. On top of this, a great Valorant betting site will dish out lots of promos for its recurrent clientele. These are the sites you should be looking for.
- Versatile market selection — The more wagering options you have, the easier it will be for you to spot a money-making opportunity. Apart from basic outright bets, the site provides exotic bets like first kill, first map, over/under, and correct score, among others.
- Live betting available — The fast-paced nature of Valurant makes the game tailor-made for live betting. Most of the pre-match markets should be included in the live betting portfolio as well.
- Competitive odds — It goes without saying that you should pick betting sites with the most competitive odds on the market. That way, you’ll get the biggest payout for your winning bets.
How to Play Valorant
The concept of Valorant is quite simple, and it resembles CS:GO. There are two teams of five players each; one team defends, and the other one attacks. Using one of the several Agents, the attacking team must plant a bomb (also known as the spike) within a predetermined timeframe in one of the two points in the enemy base. Each round can end in one of three ways:
- One team kills all five members of the opposing team.
- The attacking team wins if they successfully plant/detonate the spike.
- The defending team wins if they successfully defuse the spike.
Each round lasts 100 seconds but can end sooner if one of the mission parameters mentioned above is achieved. The games have a best-of-25 format in most tournaments.
At the beginning of each round, there is a 30
-sec preparation phase, during which both teams acquire their weapons, armours, and special items.
How Is Valorant Different From Other FPS?
It’s no secret that Valorant was inspired by the vastly popular FPS game CS:GO. The gameplay is similar, weapon selection is pretty much the same, and the shooting mechanics are nearly identical. Still, there are some glaring differences between the two blockbusters; some are marginal differences, while others are much more distinguishable.
To begin with, there is a fundamental difference in map design between the two games. Although they look similar at first glance, the maps in Valorant have special features that add to the unique gameplay. What’s more, CS:GO’s maps always have one or two bomb sites, whilst one of Valorant’s maps has three bomb sites. This clearly changes the strategic approach for both sides.
Moreover, dissimilarities are seen in the sizes of buy zones. In CS:GO, players must stay in a small buy zone to purchase weapons. Valorant’s buy zone is much larger and takes up a huge portion of the map.
The most striking distinction between Valorant and CS:GO comes from abilities. In Valorant, players choose agents with different sets of abilities at their disposal. You get to pick anything from traps to firewalls and rocket launchers. In CS:GO, the differences between the characters are cosmetic only.
Even beyond these characteristics, experienced players will surely notice the difference in the gameplay of the two games. CS:GO places more emphasis on shooting; headshots, and accuracy win games. In Valorant, there is a strong accent on teamwork and coordinated usage of abilities.
Valorant Tournaments and Prize Pools
Although Valorant entered the esports stage just recently, the competitive scene is already thriving. Many A-list names in MOBAs and FPS have come out to test their skills at Riot’s new shooter. Several notable streamers, professional esports players, and content creators have begun playing Valorant tournaments.
Dozens of Valorant tournaments are being hosted every day in different regions of the world. Riot has added dedicated servers for both North Africa and the Middle East (MENA), which means that the game can now be easily accessed from every corner of the globe.
Last year’s T1 Invitational was a major hit and was the second-most-watched event in Twitch history. The tournament had a $20k prize pool, while the game was still in its beta stage. Right after the launch, Riot Games has organized a $200,000 tournament featuring teams from Europe, North America, Korea, Japan, Latin America, and Brazil. In November last year, the Valorant First Strike: Europe tournament took place, boasting a massive prize pool of $100,000.
Other notable events include LVL Clash, Solary Cup, Mandatory Cup, and Elite Sports: Rivalry Bowl.
Tips for Betting on Valorant
Most of the general betting tips that are being used on other esports fixtures (and traditional sports, for that matter) can be applied to Valorant as well. These include proper research, bankroll management, and staying on top of the latest trends.
If you’re new to the game, these Valorant betting tips could help you get over the hump:
- Learn how the game is played — If you’re planning on spending the big bucks on Valorant bets, it might be a good idea to learn the game’s underlying mechanics. We’re not just talking about the fundamentals, but the map details, tactics, in-game movements, timings, and optimal skill usage. The more you know about the game, the easier it will be for you to spot a potentially lucrative bet.
- Watch the pros — You can always tune in on Twitch and watch a highly-ranked professional player in action. Analyze their gameplay quirks, and observe how they apply different strategies. This knowledge is invaluable when building up your knowledge of the game. What’s more, you can watch tournaments and professional casters for play-by-play breakdowns to understand why some players perform better than others.
- Keep up with esports trends — It’s important to stay up to date with the latest transfer changes, last-minute roster adjustments, and news coming from the game’s competitive scene. You can find this info on Valorant’s social media channels, Reddit, and esports-specialized forums.
- Gamopo Betting Academy – For anyone new to esports betting we highly recommend checking out our betting academy page for more information on the different types of bets and bonuses.
15 June, 2021