What is Call of Duty Esports?
Call of Duty league is a franchise published by Activision that has offered gamers some of the most exciting first person shooter experiences in the world. Since it was officially released in 2003 several spin offs of the original version were released and the latest iteration is Black Ops 4. Other popular CoD games that are popular among the competitive community are Infinite Warfare and Black Ops III.
Thankfully for those interested in placing a bet on CoD league, there are plenty of esports betting sites that cover various professional events including some with prize pools over $2,000,000. Almost all of our highest ranked betting sites offer odds for the annual Call of Duty World League Championship, so browse our list and find the right bonus offer for you. We rank each esportsbook based off a variety of factors including customer support, promotional value, odd comparisons, and payment options.
COD league diversifies itself from other first person shooter games by allowing players to customize the type of soldier they compete as and changing their abilities, weapons, and tactics to gain advantage on other teams. There are five character divisions which teams get to choose from:
Call of Duty: WWII multiplayer game divisions
- Mountain: The ability to fight with sniper rifles and long range weapons.
- Airborne: The ability to move faster and quieter, with options to attach suppressors to weapons to make combat stealthy.
- Expeditionary: Players have access to incendiary rounds for their weapons.
- Armored: The ability to fight with the most powerful guns, can mount machine guns for stability and take less damage from fire and explosives.
- Infantry: Players can play as a jack-of-all-trades class with one special skill, the self-explanatory bayonet charge.
Call of Duty: World at War esports multiplayer game modes
- Domination: The objective is to capture and own all control points on a map.
- Team Deathmatch: The objective is to kill everyone on the opposing team, winning if your team reaches the point limit or has the most points.
- War Mode: Objective is for one team to complete strategic objectives whilst the other defends said objectives.
HOW TO PLAY COD
Before placing bets on Call of Duty, you should have a really good understanding of the game and what it takes to win matches. So, lets get into it. Call of Duty league has been one of the most popular and successful shooter games in the history of gaming.
Not only do they have spectacular campaigns, but their multiplayer has been one of the best platforms for shooters for years. But not everyone is familiar with playing Call of Duty league. Here are some of the basics that you will need to know to play and some info that could help in placing a winning bet on CoD:
- First Person Shooter: All games in this series are FPS (First person shooters). This means that you will be playing the perspective of your player or avatar. When you move the mouse, you see their perspective, as if their heads are turning. Most teams are familiar with FPS, but it can take some time to adjust if you are not familiar with the gameplay.
- Keybinds: One of the first things that you should do when playing a game is to familiarize yourself with the keybinds. This means knowing what keys or buttons to push to move or fire. Typically, the movement buttons and the WSAD on the keyboard are default, but there can be variations in firing, reloading, action moves, and other critical gameplay mechanics.
- Damage and Kill Time: It is also important to know the types of weapons that you will be using during the game and what kind of damage it does. You can usually explore these aspects by playing the campaign or by playing an offline game with bots. It is also important to know the kill time. This means how much damage and how long it takes to kill an opponent. In some games, some opponents are simply taken down, but they are still alive and can still kill you from a prone position.
- Levels and Upgrades: Most COD games have levels and rewards for each player profile. The longer and the better you play, the more access you are given. This means access to upgrades such as better armor, more skins, and even advanced weaponry. The levels and rewards differ with each game.
Latest Esports Betting Bonuses
COMPETITIVE EVENTS / FORMATS
Call of Duty has been at the forefront of shooter games for nearly two decades. Since the release of the first game, CoD has been one of the best, if not the best, gaming platform for multiplayer shooting games. So it only makes sense that the game is heavily featured in the realm of esports. CoD has been one of the most active games in esports and it has a very active and very comprehensive competitive scene. Let’s take look at the most competitive events/tournaments for bettors to place a bet on Call of Duty in 2021.
- CWL Championships – The biggest league for CoD has to be the CWL Championships. The CWL League has been active since 2008 and has held global professional tournaments for over 9 years. The CWL League is a year-long tournament with qualifiers, regionals, and an international tournament for the championship. The last CWL Championship paid out $1.5 million in cash prizes.
- MLG Pro League – MLG or Major League Gaming is also another major eSports organizer and one of the big names for CoD. They were first involved with LAN games, but they have since ventured into online eSports gaming with CoD as one of its major titles. MLG has been one of the biggest organizers, not just in COD, but in all eSports. They have been sponsoring COD Pro leagues since 2008. Their last Major event paid out $100,000.
- UMG Events – UMG has been one of the biggest organizers of CoD tournaments despite not having the same history and backing as the bigger organizations. They have hosted CoD events and tournaments since 2012. Their last event in UMG South Carolina paid out over $30,000 in cash prizes.
- ESPU Tour – ESPU or Esports Universe is one of the newest organizers but they have already made a splash with their recent tournaments. Their prize money has just hit $10,000 in their biggest tournament, but they promised to offer bigger and better events this upcoming year.
CALL OF DUTY ESPORTS BETTING OPTIONS
Call of Duty is one of the most intriguing video games to watch and is considered one of the most interesting video game series of the 21st century. Placing a bet on Call of Duty can be one of the most thrilling and profitable markets in the world. This is thanks to its easily understood gameplay and countless betting markets options. There are few standard bet types available for matches in 2021:
Example: During the 2018 Call of Duty League Championships bettors would have had the option to bet on two teams playing in a best of five format to determine the winner. Placing a winning bet on CoD consists of bettors analyzing either side of the competition and trying to accurately predict who will prevail based off their past statistics, records, and local knowledge.
Handicap Betting on CoD is also a very popular bet type where the underdog is given an advantage before the match even begins. This can provide better odds and more value for a range of different scenarios.
Teams to Back
Overview of Series
Call of Duty, better known as COD is one of the most popular and best selling FPS (first person shooter) games and franchises. It started out primarily as a PC FPS game, but it has since branched out into console gaming, and handheld gaming. The series is known for pushing the envelope on graphics, game play, detailed warfare, and storytelling. Not only has the main titles been a benchmark for FPS WWII shooters, but its spinoff titles have also become among the most award-winning and best-selling titles in gaming.
COD WWII Main Series
The main series of Call of Duty was first released in 2003. The setting was a World War II shooter that had an amazing campaign and an even better multiplayer option. It was developed by Infinity Ward and was only made available on PC. It was eventually named as Game of the Year and it set the standard for most FPS games for the genre.
The game’s sequel came in 2005. The second version lived up to the original game and it was expanded to be included in the Xbox 360 console as well. Once again it followed the infantry and armed forces of the Allied Forces during WWII. The third game, would be the first game that would be released under a new developer, Treyarch. It would also be the first game that would be made available across all platforms, including PC, mobile, and all the major consoles.
In 2017, the COD main series returned to World War II with COD:WWII. The developers used the advanced graphics of the more recent COD games and applied it to their signature genre of a WWII first person shooter.
The Modern Warfare spinoff of Call of Duty is perhaps the most popular of the entire series. For years fans wanted to know what it would be like if the game play and graphics of COD could be used for a more updated era, and they got their wish with COD: MW. The game was set in the modern day, and features the latest forms of armed combat and warfare. It was among the best selling games of 2007 and it was named Game of the Year once again. It was developed by Infinity Ward and it sold over 13 million copies worldwide.
Because of the success of MW, the sequel COD: Modern Warfare 2 was released in 2009. It was another hit and continued the story and featured the same characters as the first Modern Warfare game. The third and final installment of the series was released in 2011. It was once again developed by Infinity ward and continued the story-line of the first two Modern Warfare games.
COD: Black Ops was the second spinoff to be released from the Call of Duty franchise. The first game was released in 2010 and it was developed by Treyarch. Unlike the other two games, this spinoff primarily took place during the Cold War and some of the Vietnam War. The sequel, COD: Black Ops 2 once again developed by Treyarch, was released in 2012, and it was the first game to feature future warfare technology. The campaign also featured several storylines and had several endings. A third game COD: Black Ops 3 was released in 2015. COD: Black Ops 4 was released in 2018 and was the first game that did not feature a single player campaign. Instead it offered a Battle Royale option called Black Out.
Other titles in the Franchise include games that were developed by Sledgehammer Games, namely COD: Ghosts, COD: Advanced Warfare, and COD: Infinite Warfare. These games focused more on futuristic warfare and cutting edge technology for weapons and combat.
The COD franchise rotates from the three developers for their games. At first the two main developers (Treyarch and Infinity Ward) alternated years of release. But a third developer, Sledgehammer games, has entered the mix, so the three developers would release on a three-year rotation with specific titles. Treyarch released the Black Ops games, Infinity Ward released the Modern Warfare games, and Sledgehammer released the Advanced Warfare games.
COD, also known as Call of Duty, is one of the best selling first person shooter franchises in the world. It started out as a World War II shooter, but has since evolved into the benchmark for shooter games on all platforms, whether it is in story-telling campaign, or with online multiplayer. Let’s take a look at the humble beginnings of COD and how it has evolved throughout its history.
- Call of Duty (2003): The first Call of Duty game was made to be a competitor to the popular Medal of Honor game. It was a first person shooter that was made from the perspective of the Allied Forces during World War II, specifically the American, British, and Russian armed forces. The game was developed by Infinity Ward.
- 2 (2005): The second Call of Duty simply expanded on the first game, and added new features. But its impact on the franchise is how it was finally introduced to consoles.
- 3 (2006): Call of Duty 3 would be the first time that the game would be developed by another company, Treyarch, instead of Infinity Ward. The game was updated, but the most significant contribution of Treyarch was to create an engaging and story-driven single player campaign.
- 4: Modern Warfare (2007) : Modern Warfare was the game’s first time to go outside of World War II and into modern times. It was one of the biggest games of the year and one of the biggest releases for the franchise. The reigns were back to Infinity Ward for this game.
- World at War (2008) : Treyarch returned to World War II for their next release COD: World at War. They focused more on the conflict at the Pacific Theater and the Eastern parts of the war.
- Modern Warfare 2 (2009): Infinity Ward’s sequel to the first Modern Warfare was heavily hyped and it did not let down. The sales for the game exceeded the first game, mainly due to the excellent single player campaign and the return of the multiplayer rank system from the first COD.
- Black Ops (2010): Treyarch finally escaped World War 2 and decided to go modern with COD: Black Ops. They focused on the Cold War and parts of the Vietnam War. The single player mode was once again praised, but the additional multiplayer adjustments made it a big hit.
- Modern Warfare 3 (2011) : Modern Warfare 3 took things to the future and decided to focus on a fictional World War 3 between NATO and Russian Nationalists. Infinity Ward needed help to stable the ship and brought in Sledgehammer games as a partner developer.
- Black Ops II (2012) : Black Ops 2 used the latest technology to create the best looking COD in terms of graphics. Treyarch once again took the campaign mode to a different level, going for different decades from the 1980’s to the 2020’s.
- Ghosts 2013: With COD: Ghosts, Infinity Ward took things to a different tone with the campaign focusing more on stealth and partnership between two main characters. The series took a hit, not selling as much as previous titles.
- Advanced Warfare 2014: Sledgehammer’s first foray into COD took things to the future with technological advances in warfare and combat. Sledgehammer became the third official developer for the COD franchise.
- Black Ops III 2015: Treyarch returned with Black Ops 3 and went with the trend of using futuristic weapons and warfare with their game play. The series recovered in terms of sales, but it wasn’t as groundbreaking.
- Infinite Warfare 2016: Infinity Ward continued with the futuristic trend and ventured even further when they invaded outer space for their warfare setting. It wasn’t as warmly received, but the game was still a hit.
- WWII 2017: Sledgehammer went in the opposite direction with COD: WWII. They returned to the ground, literally and figuratively, and paid homage to the roots of the franchise.
- Black Ops 4 2018: Treyarch released Black Ops 4 as the first game without a single player campaign. But the game had new features such as a Zombie story mode and a Battle Royal mode called Black Out.
Call of Duty has been one of the best selling and popular first person shooter franchises in gaming. Since the first COD game was released in 2003, there have been 19 games including sequels and spin-offs, and each of these games has been a hit. But with each game released, there have been changes and upgrades to the game play and combat style. Here we take a look at the current meta of the two latest COD games (Black Ops 4 and WWII)
Each COD game has its own set of weapons to choose from. With the two latest games, we have the most modern and advanced weaponry for modern warfare, and the weapons and arms that were used during WWII. There are certain weapons that are more powerful than others and some afflict more damage to your opponent. In WWII, there are just three primary weapons, namely, the BAR, the STG the PPSH. While in BO4, there are several primary weapons, each with its own upgrades and add-ons.
There are several game modes to choose from with each game. These modes are available for multiplayer and for single player (against AI). There are similar game modes in both BO4 and WWII, mostly featuring 5-versus-5 matches. Modes such as Hardpoint and Capture the flag are among the most popular modes played online today.
In multiplayer games, there are roles that players can choose to help their team. These roles (Specialist for BO4) for either game are different, but you can explore and try out each role and see what fits you the best. For instance, in both games there is a role for support. This role mainly entails providing health, ammo, and surveillance for your team.
In Call of Duty games, there are several maps to choose from with each game. There are some maps that have been used over and over because of its popularity, but with each new release, there are also new maps unveiled. Familiarizing yourself with each map is essential for strategy and team formation. It is also important to know where your opponents will spawn and where they are likely to attack from. In WWII the most popular maps are the Gustav Cannon and the USS Texas maps, while the most popular maps in BO4 are the Militia and Contraband maps.
04 January, 2021